Responsible service of Alcohol
Watsonia RSL Responsible Service of Alcohol policy
Watsonia RSL believes that individuals have the right to choose to consume alcohol in licensed venues as a form of social activity. As the operator of this venue, we have a responsibility to help minimise the risk of harm to individuals, our staff, other customers, and to the wider community.
As a licensed venue, we have a responsibility to demonstrate best practice in terms of our service of alcohol and to set a positive example to our customers and to other licensees by complying with and, where appropriate, exceeding mandatory compliance regulations.
Ethic in Practice Watsonia RSL does not promote any practice which may encourage rapid or excessive consumption of alcohol.
Watsonia RSL Responsible Service of Alcohol Policy
- Watsonia RSL is committed to conducting all aspects of alcohol service in a professional and responsible manner, complying with all applicable laws adhering to endorsed Liquor Service Codes of Practice.
- Management and staff are aware of and adhere to all rules and regulations applicable to responsible service of alcohol in each State.
- Watsonia RSL endeavours to provide a safe and friendly environment in which all customers can socialise and enjoy themselves.
- Watsonia RSL does not sanction or approve of any promotions that may encourage the rapid or excessive consumption of alcohol in the venue. Employees are required to encourage and promote responsible consumption of alcohol.
- Watsonia RSL acknowledges that drunkenness, under-age drinking and alcoholism are serious social issues and therefore supports initiatives that assist in addressing and preventing these issues.
- Our staff endeavour to prevent underage drinking in our venue by requiring valid proof of age from young adults to be presented in the form of an Australian driver’s licence, passport or other proof of age card permitted under applicable State law.
- Watsonia RSL will continue to provide employee education and customer awareness programs on the Responsible Service of Alcohol.
Ethics In Practice
- Watsonia RSL does not promote any practice which may encourage rapid or excessive consumption of alcohol.