Gaming Code of Conduct
- It is our aim that all our customers that wish to partake in gambling do so responsibly.
- We understand and acknowledge that problem gambling is a serious issue, and we aim to help people affected by problem gambling, to make better decisions regarding their gambling habits, while at our venues.
- Our staff adhere to the Responsible Gambling code of Conduct and we make the Code available to patrons by displaying it clearly in the gaming rooms
- Rules and regulations pertaining to the safe and responsible playing of electronic gaming machines, payment of winnings policies, self-exclusion programs, and Gambler’s Help support group contact details are clearly signed throughout Box Hill RSL.
- This RSL Sub-Branch is committed to the objects and purposes of the Returned & Services League. Such objects include the care and assistance of veterans and their families and involvement and commitment to the members of the local community. The Sub-Branch accepts the responsibility for the care of its members and visitors to the Sub-Branch, including the responsible supervision of gambling and associated activities. The following is the Sub-Branch’s Responsible Gambling Code of Conduct.
Venue commitment to Responsible Gambling
- Responsible gambling in a regulated environment is when consumers have informed choices and can exercise a rational and sensible choice based on their circumstances. It means a shared responsibility with collective action by the gambling industry, individuals and communities.
- The Sub-Branch commits to this policy as part of its commitment to the care of its members and the community.
Responsible gambling in a regulated environment is when consumers have informed choices and can exercise a rational and sensible choice based on their circumstances. It means a shared responsibility with collective action by the gambling industry, government, individuals and communities.
Watsonia RSL commits to this policy as part of its commitment to the care of its members and the community.
This message is displayed at the entrance to the gaming room and/or at the cashier’s station in the gaming room. The message is also displayed in the Sub Branch where Club Keno is sold.
This Code will be made available in written form, including in major community languages, to customers upon request.
The Code will also be available in community languages at the Returned & Services League of Australia (Victorian Branch) Inc. website being www.rslvic.com.au/about/news-links/
Watsonia RSL provides customers with further information regarding responsible gambling, include:
- Tabcorp was one of the first Australian companies to launch a voluntary Responsible Gambling Code of Practice www.tabcorp.com.au/TC_Tabcorp-Wagering-Responsible-Gambling-Code-of-Conduct
- How to access the Commonwealth Government’s website ‘Understanding Money’ www.moneysmart.gov.au
- How gamblers and their families or friends can find gambling support services and self-exclusion programs and the State Government’s problem gambling support website www.responsiblegambling.vic.gov.au