For Information about Lawn Bowling Centre Memberships please contact us on 03 9435 4233
Download RSL Membership Form [here]
View RSL Membership Form [here]
The Returned and Services League has some 1500 Sub Branches throughout Australia and with a membership of 240,000, is the largest service and ex-service associations in Australia.
Why become a Member?
Following are just some of the benefits available to Watsonia RSL Members:
- Discount on drinks
- Loyalty rewards program
- Reciprical right throughout Victoria
- Access to all the Sub-Clubs activities
What is Service Membership?
Service Membership of the RSL is for anyone who is currently serving or has served in the ADF or any of Australia's allied armed forces. Service membership offers serving and ex-serving personnel mateship and comradeship with others of similar life experiences.
Service Membership criteria
- Must 18 years of age or over
- Has served in any of the Australian defence forces in any conflict
- Has served not less than 6 months in the regular or reserve Australian Defence Force
- Has completed a period of National Service in the Australian Defence Force
- Has served in the defence forces of any country that is a part of the Commonwealth
- Has served in the defence forces of the New Zealand or the United States of America
- Is an Australian citizen and has served in the defence force of any country allied to Australia
What is Affiliate Membership?
Affiliate Membership is a type of RSL membership that caters for family members of serving and ex-service men and women. It is also for members or ex-members of the police, fire brigade, ambulance and SES. Its purpose is to provide a form of RSL membership that maintains the 'bloodlines' of those who have served their country in both peace and war.
Affiliate Membership Criteria
- Must be 18 years of age or over;
- Related to any Service or Life Member of the League;
- Related to a person who, at the time of their death, was eligible for Service Membership of the RSL
Also for serving and ex members of the:
- Police Force
- Fire Brigade
- State Emergency Service
- Ambulance Service
(A minimum of six months full time service)
What is Social Membership?
Social Membership is for those that would like to be a part of our RSL Sub branch on a social level. Social Membership provides some of the same benefits as Service and Affiliate members, however the right to vote on RSL matters does not apply and you do not have access to the Ambassador Card program. You will however have the right to receive discounts on drinks.
What is an Associate Member?
An Associate Member is a financial Service Member of another Sub branch and a second member at our Sub branch. No one can be a Service member at more than on club. This category is only available to Service Members (not affiliate or social). Before accepting fee's for this membership type, they must prove by either receipt or Clubs Online that they are a full financial member at another Sub branch.
What is Community Membership?
Community Membership is purely a form of membership without rights. The Community Membership allows for access to the venue for social purposes without the need to sign in.